God’s plan for us is to give us an abundant, full life but He never said a full calendar. So many people bound by perfectionism and unreasonable expectations, it makes it hard to enjoy life!
The original law consisted of 10 commandments, but by they wrote more until there were 613! There seems to be something in our human nature that just likes to make things more complicated.
Jesus made it more simple: “Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.” Then He said, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself”, and on these two commandments, everything is based.
People take 10 commandments and come up with 613, Jesus says “Well if you do things the rest is taken care of.” (paraphrasing)
Now this is a very difficult concept for me to grasp. I analyze everything – people, life, situations, you name it and I analyze it. I was a statistician for nearly a decade so I’m always looking for the “hidden meaning” in things. I love “Mensa moments” and discussing “deep” things…but over-thinking LIFE gives us undo stress. God doesn’t want us to have feelings of inadequacy, stress or anxiety. He wants us FREE of all burdens. Don’t spend time on the “What ifs” and the “I wish I never…”
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:30
Can we reduce stress? Yes, we have to simplify, but God will remove unneccessary burdens.
- STOP – In all the busyness of your day don’t forget to stop, breath for a moment and pray.
- LESS is MORE – Learn to say no is hard but simpler means les stress.
- UBEU – You be you, be yourself. Life is too short to try to please everyone.
- INCLUDE GOD – When we pray, we are acknowledging that we need Him.
- FORGIVE – When we hold onto hurts we carry that person with us and let them continue to hurt us. When we don’t forgive ourselves we trap ourselves in the past. Let it go!
We must become simple to become great in God.
Looking for more on this topic? Go to http://www.NoPerfectPeopleHERE.com and listen to Simple Christmas or Simple Life series.